What You’ll Learn
- the four tempos (opportunities) to safely attack an opponent
- three core defensive principles to keep you safe from attack
- how to make strong defenses that lead to counter attacks
- how to safely recover from a failed attack
- the basic elements that make up a sword fight
- putting together the building blocks of a sword fight with a partner
- working at different speeds for drilling and sparring
Practitioners of other longsword systems (German or Spanish, for instance) will see many mechanical similarities, even though the terminology may be different.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.
0% Complete 0/6 Steps
0% Complete 0/11 Steps