What You’ll Learn
- the history of the longsword
- an orientation to this video course series (Fundamentals I-II-III)
- the tenets of our study: why we practice the way we do
- holding and maneuvering the sword
- making the six cuts of the sword, and cutting patterns to practice on your own
- the names of the core postures (about a dozen or so) in the Italian system
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.
0% Complete 0/7 Steps
0% Complete 0/4 Steps