Swordplay Masterclass Forums Private: Masters Club Training Log This is my training log… Reply To: This is my training log…

• David

Feb 16/21 at 5:34 pm

Okay, my plan is to train this week for at least an hour each on today, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I’m not planning specific days’ sequences, just following the SPM curriculum loosely. My general outline is to start with reps of forms for warm-up and posture, then do reps of individual skills with varying focus, starting with mechanics slowly and allowing some martial snap for fun.

Today I did unarmed poste, armed poste, and cutting fundamentals, followed by a whole lot of fendente. I lost count of reps. In subsequent days I’ll mix in the forms I remember well and learn some I’m shaky on, and focus on sottani and mezzani.

Finding my practice space annoying for the linear forms like fundycuts. I’m used to training cuts in one place, switching feet, but it’s starting to feel limiting.

I’m really looking forward to the Art Of Sword conference this weekend, and training around the sessions. I plan to set up my room like I did for Sunday sessions during SPM so I can swing and listen.

Also excited as a local HEMA friend and I are going to fence on Monday. I’m really interested to see if my fencing has changed at all. I’ll record our bouts and post them for all of you Masters Clubbers to hash over.

Attached a pic of Tycho, supervising my training.