Swordplay Masterclass Forums Private: Masters Club Training Log Devon: March Training Log Reply To: Devon: March Training Log

• Devon

Administrator
    Mar 21/21 at 8:43 pm

Reflection for Week 3

Victory Laps:

Kept up a lower but consistent rhythm this week. Happy with myself for keeping up the running rhythm. My first full week of running 5k 3 times. Enjoyed diving into 3227a and touching into my curiosity of learning.

Course Corrections:

I think I’m on track. I want to be aware of moving with my body and inspiration and ensure that I don’t find I’m flagging when I intend to be resting.

Aha Moments:

Karen’s comment about tricking the emotional part of her brain that often doesn’t want to practice, in the Q&A today, really stood out to me. I noticed I do something similar when I run — I say to myself “Maybe I’ll do only half a run today” then when I get to the halfway point I keep going and say “Maybe I’ll not do my sprint at the end.” then when I get to the end I sprint anyway. But somehow those little chats and potentials for concession, but not actual concession, help me get through somehow.