Challenge 1 of 0
Constraint, Invitation, and Proportion – Practice
5-15 minutes – Explore stringere with your partner.
- Find their sword. Then explore the three components:
- Constraint: In which line is it harder for your partner to strike you? Why?
- Invitation: Which line would be better for your partner to be in? Why?
- Proportion: If your partner moved to that line, how would you prevent them? Is your movement smaller than theirs?
5 minutes – Exploration of constraint.
- In future lessons we’ll look at all the different ways an opponent might attempt to move between lines. Feel free to explore some options now. What if your partner cut over the point of your sword instead of disengaging under? What if they attempted to strike around your sword?