Challenge 1 of 0
Contra Tempo Opportunity – Practice
5 minutes – Explore contra tempo with your partner (with protective gear).
- Find your partner’s sword on the inside or outside.
- First, allow your partner to disengage to find, gain, and strike you in the invited line (do this slowly).
- Then, follow their disengage with your point and gain them in the invited line so you strike them in contra tempo (do this slowly with minimal resistance from your partner).
- Try this on both lines and in both roles. Each time allow the attacker to succeed in the action first, then reset and counter it.
- After the next lesson you will drill this more thoroughly, for the moment your goal is to understand the tempo and the mechanics.