Gain and Strike via the Cut – Self-Assessment
Self-assessment when performing this skill
Create a self-assessment video to compare to the master above. Perform the following actions in the video, repeated twice:
- Gain your partner’s sword and strike with a mandritto fendente.
- Gain your partner’s sword and strike with a mandritto mezzano.
- Gain your partner’s sword and strike with a mandritto sottano.
- Gain your partner’s sword and strike with a roverso fendente.
- Gain your partner’s sword and strike with a roverso mezzano.
- Gain your partner’s sword and strike with a roverso sottano.
Compare your video to the master video and confirm the following details:
0 of 6 Questions completed
You have already completed the challenge before. Hence you can not start it again.
Challenge is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the challenge.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 6 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
(All questions must be answered correctly before progressing to the next lesson.)
You conducted all six cuts as specified (three mandritto, three roverso)CorrectIncorrect
You started your attack from out of measureCorrectIncorrect
You kept the hands close to your body as you began the cut, then extended the true edge to connect your forte with your partner’s deboleCorrectIncorrect
You moved smoothly from the engagement through to the strikeCorrectIncorrect
Your arms extended fully, and gained your partner’s sword, before you stepped forward with the back footCorrectIncorrect
You struck the opponent, having crossed over their swordCorrectIncorrect