Challenge 1 of0
Getting Started – Practice
- 10 minutes – Practice forming the two guards Guardia Alta and Porta di Ferro Stretto.
- Guardia Alta with the arm over the head.
- Porta di Ferro Stretto with the sword ahead of the lead leg, pointed at the opponent.
- Explore your grip.
- Practice moving between the two positions.
- Keep your weight forward and your feet in an L orientation.
- 5 minutes – Practice cutting between Guardia Alta and Porta di Ferro Stretto
- Make sure that the true edge aims in the direction of the cut.
- Pivot on the front foot as you make your passing step.
- Keep your chest up proudly.
- Ensure that you begin the cut before you step.
- Practice “stance-walking” by moving forward and back in the way shown in the lesson.
- Keep your body low and your weight forward.
- Practice pivoting on the ball of the foot and keeping the body profiled at the end of each step.
- Practice cutting between guards with attention to grip, edge orientation, and posture.