Challenge 1 of 0
Lunging Measure Drill – Practice
10 minutes – Practice Lunging to Appropriate Measures
- Work with a partner in the manner of the video, or place targets at different measures in your training place and alternate randomly between them.
- 10 lunges with right lead, 10 lunges with left lead, repeat for at least 3 sets.
- Focus on order and mechanics.
- If you misjudge your measure, make sure that you keep our lunge balanced and you don’t over-extend to hit the target. It’s better to fall short but be balanced and strong, than hit the target but be off balance or unprotected.
- Ensure that you do not drop your sword to rest until you have fully recovered from your lunge.