Challenge 1 of 0
Lunging Measures – Practice
5 minutes – Practice Lunging without a Target
- At misura stretta (the firm-footed lunge): 10 lunges with right lead, 10 lunges with left lead.
- At misura larga (the stepping lunge): 10 lunges with right lead, 10 lunges with left lead.
- Do at least 3 sets.
- Focus on order in attack: sword, shoulders, hips.
- And in recovery: hips, shoulders, sword.
5 minutes – Practice Lunging to a Target
- Repeat the same exercise as above except striking a target (a partner’s hand, a tennis ball hung from the ceiling, etc).
- Make lunging practice a part of each of your training sessions. This mechanic is central to Italian Rapier.
- At Academie Duello our 1 hour classes have 25 minutes of drills that focus on the lunge and other aspects of attacking movement.