Challenge 1 of 0
Mechanical Details of the Rapier Lunge – Practice
5-10 minutes – Practice Both Types of Lunge
- The firm-footed lunge: 10 lunges with right lead, 10 lunges with left lead.
- The lunge with a step: 10 lunges with right lead, 10 lunges with left lead.
- Do at least 3 sets.
- Focus on order in attack: sword, shoulders, hips.
- And in recovery: hips, shoulders, sword.
- Take time on a weekly basis to review the mechanics of your lunge. Use a mirror, a video camera, or a partner, to help review each part of your lunge.
- Practice equally between your left and right side to keep an even development in your body. When sparring becomes a large part of your practice, attempt to spar equally between both hands or at the very least spend time after any sparring session exercising with your non-dominant side.