Challenge 1 of 0
Primo Tempo Drill – Practice
10 minutes – Practice the primo tempo drill with a hand target.
- Have the target partner start with large, confident steps. This allows you to strike from terza.
- Initially work with a rhythmic approach.
- As you get more proficient, have your partner approach less rhythmically, or introduce both forward and backward movement before entering misura larga.
- Your partner should always step honestly to measure and try to exit as you attack. If you’re striking in tempo, they should not be able to exit.
- You can practice the same exercise gaining from out of measure first.
- Switch roles with your partner every 10 attempts.