Challenge 1 of 0
The Passing Step – Practice
5 minutes – Practice passing steps from one side of your space to the other.
- Start at one side of your space. Perform passing steps forward until you run out of room, then passing steps backward till you’re back at the beginning.
- Work on maintaining your defensive posture throughout the steps.
- Practice the same exercise in the offensive posture.
5 minutes – Practice combining passing steps forward and backward.
- Start at one side of your space. Take two passing steps forward (stop crisply between each one) followed by one passing step backward. Once you reach the end of your space change to two passing steps backward followed by one forward.
- Practice in both the defensive and offensive postures.
- Keep steps crisp, avoid over-shifting your weight when moving forward.
- Focus on maintaining posture through transitions in direction of movement.