Thrusting from the Four Quadrants – Video Assessment
Self-assessment when performing this skill
Create a self-assessment video to compare to the master above. Perform the following actions in the video, repeated twice:
- Two thrusts starting from porta di ferro.
- Two thrusts starting from dente al cinghiara.
- Two thrusts starting from finestra sinestra.
- Two thrusts starting from finestra destra.
Be sure to:
- start your approach from out of measure
- lead with the crossing of your sword as you approach the opponent
- find the sword as you enter measure
- continue to cross the sword as you strike, gaining all three advantages
- walk smoothly, always keep your body and feet turned to the opponent
Compare your video to the master video and confirm the following details:
0 of 6 Questions completed
You have already completed the challenge before. Hence you can not start it again.
Challenge is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the challenge.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 6 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
(All questions must be answered correctly before progressing to the next lesson.)
Your sword points over your opponent’s weapon before you enter into measureCorrectIncorrect
You started outside of misura larghissima before beginning your approachCorrectIncorrect
When finding your opponent’s sword, your elbows are tucked in, your hilt low, and your point highCorrectIncorrect
Your arms are extended and you have all three advantages over your opponent’s sword at the conclusion of your thrustCorrectIncorrect
You conducted all four thrusts as specified (from the lower right, lower left, upper right, and upper left).CorrectIncorrect
When striking through posta finestra, your arms are fully extended before stepping in for the conclusion of your thrustCorrectIncorrect