Challenge 1 of 0
Thrusting through the Angled Sword – Practice
5 minutes – Thrusting through angled forms of posta breve.
- Have your partner form posta breve with their hands outside their right or left hip with their point angling back toward their centerline.
- You will thrust in a straight line that crosses over their sword.
- Practice on one side at a time, against resistence. Then, have your partner alternate between forming an angle to their right and left.
5 minutes – Thrusting through posta finestra sinestra and destraza (left and right).
- Have your partner form one of the finestra poste with the point angled across their body.
- Practice gaining their sword and pushing it downward as you enter.
- Ensure you cross at their mezza spada (middle sword) to avoid having their point easily slip free.
- Keep your hands low and lift your point to get over top of their weapon. If you lift your hands too high you risk creating an opening under your sword.
- Add angled positions to your regular thrusting practice.