Challenge 1 of 0
When the Crossing is Lost – Practice
5 minutes – Review the three crossing distances with your partner.
- Stand across from your partner and make a crossing where your blades intersect at the debole, at the mezza spada, and at the forte.
- Review what it looks like to both have the advantages and for your partner to have the advantages.
- Make sure you both agree on what those circumstances look like.
5 minutes – Identify 3 reasons that you might arrive at each crossing distance.
- In what circumstance would you end up with the points of your swords crossed?
- … the mezza spada?
- … the forte?
- We will explore more of this in subsequent lessons but it is interesting to learn more about these crossings through personal exploration.